The Tandem Laboratory
The Tandem Laboratory performs world-leading research with the help of ion beams. The Laboratory located at Ångström Laboratory at Uppsala University is a national infrastructure supported by VR-RFI and SSF.
Welcome to the Tandem Laboratory
The Tandem Laboratory is a department of special character within the Faculty of Science and Engineering at Uppsala University. The laboratory is a national research infrastructure for world-leading materials analysis. Active in a wide range of fields, the Tandem Laboratory is serving our society on national and international level.
The Tandem Laboratory provides services in three activity branches. We can provide our users access to
- non-destructive characterization of composition & structure of materials on the nanoscale
- ion-beam induced modification of materials and precise tailoring of material properties
- ultra-sensitive mass-spectrometry for medicine, biology, archeology and geology.
Our services within ion beam analysis (IBA), ion-beam modification of materials (IBMM) and accelerator mass spectrometry (AMS) are requested by hundreds of customers annually.
- Lisa Freyhult Awarded Teacher’s Award from Engineering Physics Students 2023-04-27
- Listen to our new honorary doctors 2023-01-20
- Nominate Alumnus of the Year 2023 2023-01-19
- Benjamin Verbeek is Uppsala Student of the Year 2022 2023-01-13
- Three WISE Project to the Department of Physics and Astronomy 2022-12-07
Dissertation: Ext-algebras of standard modules over quasi-hereditary algebras
Dissertation: Gamma radiation techniques for non-destructive post-irradiation examination of nuclear fuel - Predicting performance and optimizing instrument design
Dissertation: Regularity of multilinear oscillatory integral operators and nonlinear dispersive partial differential equations
Dissertation: Segmented HPGe detectors for post-irradiation examination of nuclear fuel: Design and demonstration in gamma emission tomography
Dissertation: Quivers, superconformal field theories and higher symmetries