Welcome to the Tandem Laboratory
The Tandem Laboratory is a department of special character within the Faculty of Science and Engineering at Uppsala University. The laboratory is a national research infrastructure for world-leading materials analysis. Active in a wide range of fields, the Tandem Laboratory is serving our society on national and international level.
The Tandem Laboratory provides services in three activity branches. We can provide our users access to
- non-destructive characterization of composition & structure of materials on the nanoscale
- ion-beam induced modification of materials and precise tailoring of material properties
- ultra-sensitive mass-spectrometry for medicine, biology, archeology and geology.
Our services within ion beam analysis (IBA), ion-beam modification of materials (IBMM) and accelerator mass spectrometry (AMS) are requested by hundreds of customers annually.
- Research Funding: 35 Million SEK in Grants for accessibility to infrastructure from the Swedish Research Council 2020-11-23
- Infrastructure: Component testing for the EES facility can begin 2020-11-09
- Research Funding: 35 Million SEK in Project and Starting Grants from the Swedish Research Council 2020-10-29
- Education: The Bachelor Programme in Physics One of the Most Popular Programmes 2020-07-30
- Educations Open for Late Application 2020-07-15