Welcome to the Tandem Laboratory
The Tandem Laboratory is a department of special character within the Faculty of Science and Engineering at Uppsala University. The laboratory is a national research infrastructure for world-leading materials analysis. Active in a wide range of fields, the Tandem Laboratory is serving our society on national and international level.
The Tandem Laboratory provides services in three activity branches. We can provide our users access to
- non-destructive characterization of composition & structure of materials on the nanoscale
- ion-beam induced modification of materials and precise tailoring of material properties
- ultra-sensitive mass-spectrometry for medicine, biology, archeology and geology.
Our services within ion beam analysis (IBA), ion-beam modification of materials (IBMM) and accelerator mass spectrometry (AMS) are requested by hundreds of customers annually.
- Welcome to the Nobel Lectures in Uppsala 2019-12-02
- Research: Magnetic Currents in DNA-Molecules Understood with New Theory 2019-11-12
- Welcome to 2019 inaugural lectures and the inauguration of professors ceremony 2019-11-01
- Research Funding: 41 Million SEK in Project and Starting Grants from the Swedish Research Council 2019-10-31
- Available position: PhD position in Experimental High Energy Neutrino Astrophysics 2019-10-17
PDEs and Applications seminar: Anisotropic elliptic problems
PDEs and Applications seminar: The surface diffusion flow with elasticity
Colloquium (Fredrik Viklund):
Colloquium: Physics and Energy
Licentiate Seminar: Development of an analytic Beam Model with non-linear Space-Charge Forces and Envelope Stability Studies