Welcome to the Tandem Laboratory
The Tandem Laboratory is a department of special character within the Faculty of Science and Engineering at Uppsala University. The laboratory is a national research infrastructure for world-leading materials analysis. Active in a wide range of fields, the Tandem Laboratory is serving our society on national and international level.
The Tandem Laboratory provides services in three activity branches. We can provide our users access to
- non-destructive characterization of composition & structure of materials on the nanoscale
- ion-beam induced modification of materials and precise tailoring of material properties
- ultra-sensitive mass-spectrometry for medicine, biology, archeology and geology.
Our services within ion beam analysis (IBA), ion-beam modification of materials (IBMM) and accelerator mass spectrometry (AMS) are requested by hundreds of customers annually.
- Available position: Postdoctoral position at FREIA 2019-10-21
- Available position: PhD position in Experimental High Energy Neutrino Astrophysics 2019-10-17
- Available position: Forskare i teoretisk fasta tillståndets fysik 2019-10-14
- Available position: Postdoctoral position in Experimental High Energy Astroparticle Physics 2019-10-08
- Ulf Danielsson explains the Nobel Prize in Physics 2019 2019-10-08
PDE and applications: Mathematical methods for uncertainty and exclusion in quantum mechanics
PDE and Applications: Mathematical methods for uncertainty and exclusion in quantum mechanics
Selected Topics in Continuum Percolation: Phase Transitions, Cover Times and Random Fractals
Disputation: Mohd Syaiful Redzwan Mohd Shah, “Prospective Applications of Microwaves in Medicine. Microwave Sensors for Orthopedic Monitoring and Burn Depth Assessment”.