Welcome to the Tandem Laboratory
The Tandem Laboratory is a department of special character within the Faculty of Science and Engineering at Uppsala University. The laboratory is a national research infrastructure for world-leading materials analysis. Active in a wide range of fields, the Tandem Laboratory is serving our society on national and international level.
The Tandem Laboratory provides services in three activity branches. We can provide our users access to
- non-destructive characterization of composition & structure of materials on the nanoscale
- ion-beam induced modification of materials and precise tailoring of material properties
- ultra-sensitive mass-spectrometry for medicine, biology, archeology and geology.
Our services within ion beam analysis (IBA), ion-beam modification of materials (IBMM) and accelerator mass spectrometry (AMS) are requested by hundreds of customers annually.
- New World Ranking: Uppsala University Best in the Nordics in Physics 2020-07-14
- Press Release: New Form of Magnetic Order Discovered in the Element Neodymium 2020-05-29
- Scholarships for current international students at Uppsala University academic year 2020/2021 2020-05-28
- Education: Laboratory Exercises at a Distance 2020-05-11
- Research: Unusual Type of Superconductivity Discovered 2020-04-07