Welcome to the Tandem Laboratory
The Tandem Laboratory is a department of special character within the Faculty of Science and Engineering at Uppsala University. The laboratory is a national research infrastructure for world-leading materials analysis. Active in a wide range of fields, the Tandem Laboratory is serving our society on national and international level.
The Tandem Laboratory provides services in three activity branches. We can provide our users access to
- non-destructive characterization of composition & structure of materials on the nanoscale
- ion-beam induced modification of materials and precise tailoring of material properties
- ultra-sensitive mass-spectrometry for medicine, biology, archeology and geology.
Our services within ion beam analysis (IBA), ion-beam modification of materials (IBMM) and accelerator mass spectrometry (AMS) are requested by hundreds of customers annually.
- Education: New science and technology programmes to ensure future skills provision 2021-06-30
- Available position: PhD student in Quantum Matter Theory 2021-06-28
- Available position: Projektassistent till The Svedberg-laboratoriet 2021-06-24
- Available position: Forskningsingenjör till The Svedberg-laboratoriet 2021-06-24
- Available position: Postdoctoral position in Superconducting Magnets 2021-06-17