Welcome to the Tandem Laboratory
The Tandem Laboratory is a department of special character within the Faculty of Science and Engineering at Uppsala University. The laboratory is a national research infrastructure for world-leading materials analysis. Active in a wide range of fields, the Tandem Laboratory is serving our society on national and international level.
The Tandem Laboratory provides services in three activity branches. We can provide our users access to
- non-destructive characterization of composition & structure of materials on the nanoscale
- ion-beam induced modification of materials and precise tailoring of material properties
- ultra-sensitive mass-spectrometry for medicine, biology, archeology and geology.
Our services within ion beam analysis (IBA), ion-beam modification of materials (IBMM) and accelerator mass spectrometry (AMS) are requested by hundreds of customers annually.
- Available position: Associate Professor in Physics with specialization in Physics Education Research (PER) 2021-09-01
- Collaboration: Inauguration of EPS Historic Site 2021-08-13
- Education: New science and technology programmes to ensure future skills provision 2021-06-30
- Research: Intriguing results from precision tests with muons 2021-05-19
- Imaging a black hole with the Event Horizon Telescope 2021-05-10