Welcome to the Tandem Laboratory
The Tandem Laboratory is a department of special character within the Faculty of Science and Engineering at Uppsala University. The laboratory is a national research infrastructure for world-leading materials analysis. Active in a wide range of fields, the Tandem Laboratory is serving our society on national and international level.
The Tandem Laboratory provides services in three activity branches. We can provide our users access to
- non-destructive characterization of composition & structure of materials on the nanoscale
- ion-beam induced modification of materials and precise tailoring of material properties
- ultra-sensitive mass-spectrometry for medicine, biology, archeology and geology.
Our services within ion beam analysis (IBA), ion-beam modification of materials (IBMM) and accelerator mass spectrometry (AMS) are requested by hundreds of customers annually.
- Press release: One step closer to future quantum computers 2019-09-17
- Available position: Ph.D. position in experimental particle physics (ATLAS) at Uppsala University, in collaboration with Universität Bonn (Germany) 2019-09-09
- Available position: Two Postdoctoral positions in Ultrafast Condensed Matter Experiments 2019-08-21
- Researcher Profile: “It’s OK to be driven by curiosity alone” 2019-05-07
- Research: Ultrafast Transition to New Metastable Crystal Phase Discovered 2019-03-25
The PDEs and Applications seminar: Homogenisation with error estimates of attractors for damped semi-linear anisotropic wave equations
Disputation: Dorothea Ledinek
The PDEs and Applications seminar: Boundedness of Schrödinger Integral Operators in Sobolev Spaces
Disputation: Arvind Parwal, Grid Integration and Impact of Wave Power System
Half-time PhD seminar