Welcome to the Tandem Laboratory
The Tandem Laboratory is a department of special character within the Faculty of Science and Engineering at Uppsala University. The laboratory is a national research infrastructure for world-leading materials analysis. Active in a wide range of fields, the Tandem Laboratory is serving our society on national and international level.
The Tandem Laboratory provides services in three activity branches. We can provide our users access to
- non-destructive characterization of composition & structure of materials on the nanoscale
- ion-beam induced modification of materials and precise tailoring of material properties
- ultra-sensitive mass-spectrometry for medicine, biology, archeology and geology.
Our services within ion beam analysis (IBA), ion-beam modification of materials (IBMM) and accelerator mass spectrometry (AMS) are requested by hundreds of customers annually.
- Available position: Nystartsjobb: Administrativ assistent 2021-01-21
- Available position: PhD position in studying hydrogen in amorphous materials 2021-01-19
- Available position: PhD student in Materials Theory for Quantum Control 2021-01-15
- You did not miss the nuclide calendar, did you? 2020-12-14
- Research Funding: ERC Consolidator Grant to Venkata Kamalakar Mutta 2020-12-09
PDE and applications: The variational problem for dimer models
Dissertation: Criticality of fast failures in the High Luminosity Large Hadron Collider
Probability and Combinatorics Seminar: The mean subtree order of trees
Dissertation: Bright Needles in a Haystack: A Search for Magnetic Monopoles Using the IceCube Neutrino Observatory
Physics beyond the standard model by millimeter-wave technology