Welcome to the Tandem Laboratory
The Tandem Laboratory is a department of special character within the Faculty of Science and Engineering at Uppsala University. The laboratory is a national research infrastructure for world-leading materials analysis. Active in a wide range of fields, the Tandem Laboratory is serving our society on national and international level.
The Tandem Laboratory provides services in three activity branches. We can provide our users access to
- non-destructive characterization of composition & structure of materials on the nanoscale
- ion-beam induced modification of materials and precise tailoring of material properties
- ultra-sensitive mass-spectrometry for medicine, biology, archeology and geology.
Our services within ion beam analysis (IBA), ion-beam modification of materials (IBMM) and accelerator mass spectrometry (AMS) are requested by hundreds of customers annually.
- Listen to our new professors 2022-11-14
- 27 Million SEK in Project and Starting Grants from the Swedish Research Council 2022-11-07
- New World Ranking: Uppsala University Best in the Nordics in Physics 2022-08-23
- Magnetic Monopoles in the Universe fewer than Expected 2022-02-03
- The Ångström Library is relocating 2022-01-25
Seminar: Creativity, agency, and cognitive expertise: A holistic approach to theoretical physics education
13x13: Att fotografera livets molekyler med röntgenlasrar
Pedagogical test lecture: Electromagnetic waves and the transport of electromagnetic energy
Licentiate seminar: Module categories, internal bimodules and Tambara modules
Dissertation: On parabolic equations of Kolmogorov-Fokker-Planck type