Welcome to the Tandem Laboratory
The Tandem Laboratory is a department of special character within the Faculty of Science and Engineering at Uppsala University. The laboratory is a national research infrastructure for world-leading materials analysis. Active in a wide range of fields, the Tandem Laboratory is serving our society on national and international level.
The Tandem Laboratory provides services in three activity branches. We can provide our users access to
- non-destructive characterization of composition & structure of materials on the nanoscale
- ion-beam induced modification of materials and precise tailoring of material properties
- ultra-sensitive mass-spectrometry for medicine, biology, archeology and geology.
Our services within ion beam analysis (IBA), ion-beam modification of materials (IBMM) and accelerator mass spectrometry (AMS) are requested by hundreds of customers annually.
- Available position: Forskare i teoretisk fasta tillståndets fysik 2020-10-01
- Available position: Postdoctoral position in Experimental Neutrino Physics with Hyper-Kamiokande 2020-10-01
- Available position: Postdoctoral position in condensed matter theory 2020-09-24
- Available position: Associate Professor in Physics with specialization in Photon and Charged Particle Beams 2020-09-10
- Education: The Bachelor Programme in Physics One of the Most Popular Programmes 2020-07-30
Off the Beaten Track: Long-Lived Particles at the LHC
Probability and Combinatorics Seminar: Edge-sampling and modularity
Final PhD seminar (EXTRA SEMINAR WEEK 43)
Final PhD seminar
Dissertation: Pair production of Higgs bosons in the final state with bottom quarks and τ leptons in the ATLAS experiment: Search results using LHC Run 2 data and prospect studies at the HL-LHC