Welcome to the Tandem Laboratory
The Tandem Laboratory is a department of special character within the Faculty of Science and Engineering at Uppsala University. The laboratory is a national research infrastructure for world-leading materials analysis. Active in a wide range of fields, the Tandem Laboratory is serving our society on national and international level.
The Tandem Laboratory provides services in three activity branches. We can provide our users access to
- non-destructive characterization of composition & structure of materials on the nanoscale
- ion-beam induced modification of materials and precise tailoring of material properties
- ultra-sensitive mass-spectrometry for medicine, biology, archeology and geology.
Our services within ion beam analysis (IBA), ion-beam modification of materials (IBMM) and accelerator mass spectrometry (AMS) are requested by hundreds of customers annually.
- Uppsala Student of the Year has flair for nuclear physics and coding 2023-09-05
- Uppsala University climbing in world rankings 2023-08-16
- Top result for Uppsala University in QS rankings 2023-06-28
- Lisa Freyhult Awarded Teacher’s Award from Engineering Physics Students 2023-04-27
- Listen to our new honorary doctors 2023-01-20
Dissertation: Computational studies on 2D and 3D amorphous solids: Investigation of structure-property relationship
13x13: Magneter i mänsklighetens tjänst
Seminar: Magnetism at the interfaces and in nanostructures for future spintronic applications
Licentiate Seminar: Computer Assisted Methods for Quasi-periodic Attractors
Seminar: The 2023 Nobel Prize in Physics