Welcome to the Tandem Laboratory
The Tandem Laboratory is a department of special character within the Faculty of Science and Engineering at Uppsala University. The laboratory is a national research infrastructure for world-leading materials analysis. Active in a wide range of fields, the Tandem Laboratory is serving our society on national and international level.
The Tandem Laboratory provides services in three activity branches. We can provide our users access to
- non-destructive characterization of composition & structure of materials on the nanoscale
- ion-beam induced modification of materials and precise tailoring of material properties
- ultra-sensitive mass-spectrometry for medicine, biology, archeology and geology.
Our services within ion beam analysis (IBA), ion-beam modification of materials (IBMM) and accelerator mass spectrometry (AMS) are requested by hundreds of customers annually.
- Available position: PhD student in Experimental Neutrino Astrophysics 2021-03-15
- Education: Apply for this summer’s courses now! 2021-03-05
- Prize: Olle Eriksson Awarded the Rudbeck Medal 2021-02-15
- Collaboration on energy efficient cold magnets 2021-02-05
- Research Funding: 14,5 Million SEK in Grants for sustainable energy systems from the Swedish Energy Agency 2021-01-19