Welcome to the Tandem Laboratory
The Tandem Laboratory is a department of special character within the Faculty of Science and Engineering at Uppsala University. The laboratory is a national research infrastructure for world-leading materials analysis. Active in a wide range of fields, the Tandem Laboratory is serving our society on national and international level.
The Tandem Laboratory provides services in three activity branches. We can provide our users access to
- non-destructive characterization of composition & structure of materials on the nanoscale
- ion-beam induced modification of materials and precise tailoring of material properties
- ultra-sensitive mass-spectrometry for medicine, biology, archeology and geology.
Our services within ion beam analysis (IBA), ion-beam modification of materials (IBMM) and accelerator mass spectrometry (AMS) are requested by hundreds of customers annually.
- Available position: Postdoctoral position in quantum condensed matter theory 2019-12-16
- Research: New Discovery Can Give Faster Spintronic Elements 2019-12-03
- Welcome to the Nobel Lectures in Uppsala 2019-12-02
- Research: Magnetic Currents in DNA-Molecules Understood with New Theory 2019-11-12
- Welcome to 2019 inaugural lectures and the inauguration of professors ceremony 2019-11-01
Seminar: Soft X-ray spectroscopy and scattering at the European XFEL: first experiments and future prospects
Seminar by Prof. Dino Fiorani, honorary doctor 2020
Seminar: Primordial black holes and gravitational wave astroparticle physics
Seminar: Low temperature refrigeration with natural working fluids
Disputation: Hasan Ali, "Towards atomically resolved magnetic measurements in a transmission electron microscope: A study of structure and magnetic moments in thin films"