Welcome to the Tandem Laboratory
The Tandem Laboratory is a department of special character within the Faculty of Science and Engineering at Uppsala University. The laboratory is a national research infrastructure for world-leading materials analysis. Active in a wide range of fields, the Tandem Laboratory is serving our society on national and international level.
The Tandem Laboratory provides services in three activity branches. We can provide our users access to
- non-destructive characterization of composition & structure of materials on the nanoscale
- ion-beam induced modification of materials and precise tailoring of material properties
- ultra-sensitive mass-spectrometry for medicine, biology, archeology and geology.
Our services within ion beam analysis (IBA), ion-beam modification of materials (IBMM) and accelerator mass spectrometry (AMS) are requested by hundreds of customers annually.
- Available position: Professor in Physics Education Research 2019-06-17
- Researcher Profile: “It’s OK to be driven by curiosity alone” 2019-05-07
- Research: Ultrafast Transition to New Metastable Crystal Phase Discovered 2019-03-25
- Research: New Particle World Record Key to the Mysteries of the Universe? 2019-02-27
- Research: Our Universe: An expanding bubble in an extra dimension 2018-12-27
Disputation: Magnus Heldin, "Designing grinding tools to control and understand fibre release in groundwood pulping"
The 10th Joint European Magnetic Symposia (JEMS2019) - Outreach Session
Disputation: Mia Sterby, ”Electrochemical Characterization of Conducting Redox Polymers”
Disputation: Phenomenology of new Neutral Vector Bosons and Parton Distributions from Hadronic Fluctuations
What it takes to calculate the magnetic moment of the muon in the standard model